2019 Honda CR-V Safety Rating
Ready to take safety to the next level for your family in West Portland? The impressive 2019 Honda CR-V safety ratings and features are worth your attention. We have a variety of highly-rated new Honda CR-Vs in our Hillsboro showroom, in a wide range of trim levels and colors!
2019 CR-V Safety Ratings from the IIHS
The IIHS* grades vehicles in the areas of Crash Avoidance Mitigation and Crashworthiness. A rating of “Good” is the highest possible in the categories of Crashworthiness, Headlights, and Child Seat Anchors. Read on for the 2019 Honda CR-V ratings in individual categories below:
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
In the Crash Avoidance & Mitigation category, the highest rating possible is “Superior.”
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment
- Headlights: Acceptable
Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable
2019 CR-V Safety Ratings from the NHTSA
The NHTSA** uses a 5-star scale to score four main categories of vehicle safety. The 2019 Honda CR-V FWD was awarded 5 stars in the categories below:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 5 Stars
With the AWD, the CR-V earns 4 stars in the rollover and front passenger side categories — but still earns an overall rating of 5 stars.
Highlighted Honda CR-V Safety Features
With safety at the forefront, Honda continues a tradition of safety innovation with every model. New and updated Honda CR-V safety features include:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
What Do You Get with Honda Sensing®?
Honda Sensing® is a comprehensive safety and driver-assist suite, available on the CR-V starting at the EX trim. This high-tech and intuitive suite helps you stay safe on Beaverton roads with features like:
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
Drive Confidently on Tigard Roads!
Check out our inventory of new and gently used vehicles, learn about our express online car buying process, and stop by Dick's Hillsboro Honda to ask us about safety upgrades and features for your Honda!
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags. **For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.