2019 Honda CR-V Safety Rating
Ready to take safety to the next level for your family in West Portland? The impressive 2019 Honda CR-V safety ratings and features are worth your attention. We have a variety of highly-rated new Honda CR-Vs in our Hillsboro showroom, in a wide range of trim levels and colors!
2019 CR-V Safety Ratings from the IIHS
The IIHS* grades vehicles in the areas of Crash Avoidance Mitigation and Crashworthiness. A rating of “Good” is the highest possible in the categories of Crashworthiness, Headlights, and Child Seat Anchors. Read on for the 2019 Honda CR-V ratings in individual categories below:
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
In the Crash Avoidance & Mitigation category, the highest rating possible is “Superior.”
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment
- Headlights: Acceptable
Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable
2019 CR-V Safety Ratings from the NHTSA
The NHTSA** uses a 5-star scale to score four main categories of vehicle safety. The 2019 Honda CR-V FWD was awarded 5 stars in the categories below:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 5 Stars
With the AWD, the CR-V earns 4 stars in the rollover and front passenger side categories — but still earns an overall rating of 5 stars.
Highlighted Honda CR-V Safety Features
With safety at the forefront, Honda continues a tradition of safety innovation with every model. New and updated Honda CR-V safety features include:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
What Do You Get with Honda Sensing®?
Honda Sensing® is a comprehensive safety and driver-assist suite, available on the CR-V starting at the EX trim. This high-tech and intuitive suite helps you stay safe on Beaverton roads with features like:
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
Drive Confidently on Tigard Roads!
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags. **For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.